A Message from the Housing Specialist
I hope the information provided informs you of the many services available and assist in responding to your questions. We have included valuable housing resources for renters, property owners, as well as prospective residents. If you require further assistance, or would like additional information regarding any of the programs or resources listed on the website, including the CDBG program, affordable rental housing, housing repair programs, or fair housing support, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.
Housing Specialist/Associate Planner
About the Division
The Housing Division is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding it receives from the Department of Housing and Urban Development on an annual basis. The City of La Habra annually receives over $760,000 dollars in CDBG funding. The primary objective of the HUD CDBG Program is the development of viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities primarily focused on low- and moderate-income persons and neighborhoods. The national objectives of the CDBG program were established to assist local communities with activities focused on:
- Eliminating slums and blight, preventing deterioration of property, providing needed neighborhood community facilities, provision of supportive services;
- Preserving and improving the supply of affordable housing through improvement of low- and moderate-income housing;
- Acquisition, design, construction, and installation of needed public facilities, improvements, and accessibility measures;
- Creation and retention of jobs for low- and moderate-income persons through the expansion of business opportunities and the provision of financial incentives to businesses.
The City currently funds the following organizations with CDBG funding:
- Advance! College Counseling - http://www.ontocollege.org/
- Boys & Girls Club - http://ourchildrensfuture.org/
- Fair Housing Foundation - http://www.fairhousingfoundation.com
- VCC: The Gary Center - http://www.thegarycenter.org
- Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
- Graffiti Removal Program – City Program – Community Services Department
- Community Resource Care Center
Through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the City of La Habra supports the Fair Housing Education, Counseling and Enforcement Program. Services are delivered by the Fair Housing Foundation. This organization is a nonpartisan organization that supports both landlords and tenants. The purpose of the program is to counteract and eliminate discriminatory housing practices. For more information about the program or services, please contact the Fair Housing Foundation directly at 714-918-8001. You may also visit their website.
The City also owns two mobile home parks, Park La Habra and View Park Mobile Estates. Park La Habra currently has 107 units. View Park has 142 units and a brand new playground. The parks are managed by Santiago Communities. Both parks have a manager on site. For information on availability of a space, rules and regulations, you may contact Park Manager Susan Mullens from Park La Habra at 562-697-7882 or Park Manager Esther Dickenson from View Park Mobile Estates at 562-691-2195. You may also contact Aimee Molsberry, President and Chief Operations Officer from Santiago Communities, at 714-744-4993.